How to Detox & Cleanse your Liver & Kidneys Naturally
Liver and kidney are the vital organs of our body that help process and filter out food, medications, alcohol and other substances that enter our body. The substances that we take into our body can pollute our liver and kidney and hence make it hard for them to function properly. It can lead to innumerable kinds of complications like kidney stone, renal failure, liver cirrhosis and hepatitis. There are many effective natural remedies to eliminate harmful toxins from the liver and kidney.
NATURAL REMEDIES TO CLEANSE YOUR KIDNEY:
- APPLE CIDER VINEGAR: Drink half a cup of water with 4 to 6 tbsp of apple cider vinegar daily before eating your meals. Apple cider vinegar helps prevent kidney stone.
- GINGER: This is a great herb which perfectly conducts kidney cleansing process.Add the grated ginger to the hot water. Allow them to steep together for about at least 4- 9 minutes. Add honey and lemon juice to it and stir it well. Have 2 cups of this tea daily. Repeat the same for about few weeks.
- CRANBERRY JUICE: Drink 1 – 2 cups of cranberry juice (not from concentrate) everyday. It will help to flush out bacteria and toxins from the kidney.
- EXERCISE: Exercise at least 30 minutes daily to strengthen your cardiovascular system. This will help improve blood flow and oxygen to your kidney while helping them process out toxins fast.
- BEET JUICE: Beets and beet juice contains betaine, which has antioxidant qualities and increases the acidity of urine. Removal of calcium in the kidneys not only promotes kidney function, but decreases the likelihood of kidney stone.
- LEMON JUICE: Lemon juice natural acidic increase citrate levels in the urine, a factor that discourages kidney stones from forming. For a quick lemon kidney cleanse squeeze 4-5 lemons into a quart of cold water and drink it.
- WATERMELON JUICE: It is an amazing source of potassium and it is also rich with water. Watermelon helps flush out the toxins from your body.Blend the watermelon slices and peeled lime together. Add honey to it and stir them well. Drink this delicious juice to clean your kidneys.
NATURAL REMEDIES TO CLEANSE YOUR LIVER:
- BEETS AND CARROTS: Carrots are rich in glutathione, a protein that helps detoxify the liver. Eating beets and carrots can help stimulate and improve overall liver function.
- WALNUTS: Walnuts are a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, and the amino acid arginine, which supports normal liver cleansing.
- TOMATOES: Tomatoes also contain glutathione, which is a great detoxifier for the liver.
- CITRUS FRUITS: Lemons and limes contain very high amounts of vitamin C, which helps stimulate the liver.
- TURMERIC: Turmeric helps boost liver detox. It assists an enzyme that actively flushes out dietary carcinogens.
- SPINACH: Raw spinach is a major source of glutathione, triggering the toxin cleansing enzymes of the liver.
- LEMON JUICE: Drink lemon juice in water or tea once a day. It stimulates the liver’s bile production and pushes toxins out. It also prevents gall stones and promotes liver function.
- GARLIC INTAKE: Garlic contains allicin and selenium, two nutrients that protect the liver from damages caused by toxins. These two nutrients help in the detoxification process.
Other simple tips which can cleanse your kidney and liver:
- Detoxify your liver and kidney, and flush toxins out by drinking at least 2 quarts of water everyday.
- Try to avoid smoking and high consumption of alcohol as it is very harmful for your kidneys.
- Control your cholesterol levels and try to remain fit (reduce weight.
- Put your sugar levels and blood pressure levels in check.
- Drink natural fruit smoothies like blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries which enhance the health of liver.
- Avoid fast foods that include fried foods, preserved meat etc.
- Avoid artificial sweeteners, colorings and preservatives. Natural route cleanses your liver.
- Grape fruit is rich in vitamin C and antioxidants which help promote a healthy liver cleanse.
Article Source :
Dr. Mujibur Rahman (M.D) Cardiologist & Naturopath